- Course Title
- CNA Springfield Campus
- Course Code
- LCN 144
- J. Mello
This class meets the classroom and clinical requirements for Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services to be a Certified Nurse Assistant and is appropriate for those new to the healthcare field.
A hybrid online/seated course is available on the dates below.
Students will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check and random urine drug screen prior to their clinical rotation.
This course is eligible for funding under SkillUP for students that are participating in the Food Stamps Program. If you believe you may be eligible for this funding, please call (417) 447-8888 prior to registering online.
- 2 sets of Purple Embroidered Scrubs (must obtain from bookstore)
- State approved Textbook (will received first day of class – no exceptions)
- Medically approved shoes for clinical (will receive from bookstore – any other shoes must be approved by lead instructor)
- Gait belt
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- CPR Certification (if currently certified, must be AHA and you will still be required to attend class on that day)
- Clinical component. Clinical hours for both will always be 6:45am-5:15pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Online component
- OTC-CNA Lapel Pin
- Clinical ID Badge
- OTC-CNA Certificate of Completion and Certification ID Card
- Certification Exam, State testing dates will be scheduled post class, announced by instructor.
To register for the program students must complete the following:
- Complete the registration paperwork
- Be employable according to the Family Care Safety Registry and the student must pay $12 directly to the agency online. This can be done the first week of class, so come prepared to pay this amount. Will need a credit or debit card to complete. Otherwise, please present a receipt that you have completed this task.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Present a valid driver’s license
The following vaccinations are required before the student may attend the clinical component of the class:
- TB test within the past 12 months from the end of the clinical component.
- MMR documentation with proof of booster after the age of 18
- Flu Shot if clinical will begin during flu season (October – May)
- Tdap within the past 10 years
- Hep B HIGHLY Recommended
May 30th class clinicals will begin June 18 (More details will be explained in class) State Certification Testing will be on
There is no refund to the student unless CWD Allied Health cancels the program. If the student withdrawals prior to the start of the program, a fee of $250 will be charged.