- Course Title
- CNA Springfield Campus
- Course Code
- LCN 144
This class meets the classroom and clinical requirements for Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services to be a Certified Nurse Assistant and is appropriate for those new to the healthcare field.
A hybrid online/seated course is available on the dates below.
Students will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check and random urine drug screen prior to their clinical rotation.
This program qualifies for Ozarks Promise funding. Check your eligibility and learn more here: https://ozarkspromise.com/eligibility-requirements/
- 2 sets of Purple Embroidered Scrubs (must obtain from bookstore)
- State approved Textbook (will received first day of class – no exceptions)
- Medically approved shoes for clinical (will receive from bookstore – any other shoes must be approved by lead instructor)
- Gait belt
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- CPR Certification (if currently certified, must be AHA and you will still be required to attend class on that day)
- Clinical component. Clinical hours for both will always be 6:45am-5:15pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Online component
- OTC-CNA Lapel Pin
- Clinical ID Badge
- OTC-CNA Certificate of Completion and Certification ID Card
- Certification Exam, State testing dates will be scheduled post class, announced by instructor.
To register for the program students must complete the following:
- Complete the registration paperwork
- Be employable according to the Family Care Safety Registry and the student must pay $12 directly to the agency online. This can be done the first week of class, so come prepared to pay this amount. Will need a credit or debit card to complete. Otherwise, please present a receipt that you have completed this task.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Present a valid driver’s license
The following vaccinations are required before the student may attend the clinical component of the class:
- TB test within the past 12 months from the end of the clinical component.
- MMR documentation with proof of booster after the age of 18
- Flu Shot if clinical will begin during flu season (October – May)
- Tdap within the past 10 years
- Hep B HIGHLY Recommended
Jan. 17th class clinicals will begin Feb. 5 to March 6, 2019 (More details will be explained in class) State Certification Testing will be on March 7 & 8, 2019
March 28th class clinicals will begin April 16 to May 15, 2019 (More details will be explained in class) State Certification Testing will be on May 16 & 17, 2019
There is no refund to the student unless CWD Allied Health cancels the program. If the student withdrawals prior to the start of the program, a fee of $250 will be charged.