- Course Title
- Level I Medication Aide (L1MA) Biennial Update Training
- Course Code
- LCN 144
- J. Mello
Level I Medication Aides shall participate in a minimum of four (4) hours of medication administration training every two (2) years in order to administer medications in an RCF or ALF.
TRAINING SHALL ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Medication ordering and storage;
- Medication administration and documentation;
- Use of generic drugs;
- Infection Control;
- Observing and reporting possible medication reactions;
- New medications and/or new procedures;
- Medication errors;
- Individual rights, and refusal of medications and treatments;
- Issues specific to the facility/program as indicated by the needs of the residents and the medications and treatments currently being administered;
- Corrective actions based on identified problems
Any LIMA who has been off the active registry for more than five (5) years shall retake the course or s/he may challenge the examination if s/he meets the requirements as listed in the regulation.
The course is by appointment only. Please call 417-447-8888 to schedule.
Class Dates: ALL classes are on Thursdays 8:30am to 12:30pm
January 27, 2022
April 28, 2022
July 28, 2022
October 27, 2022