- Course Title
- Medical Assistant Non-Comprehensive
- Course Code
Audience: This class is for those students CURRENTLY working as a medical assistant (MA) in a physician’s office/clinic/urgent care/hospital setting. This class does not have a clinical component or classroom instruction.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent)
- Must have one year experience as a medical assistant or completed a medical assistant training program within the past year
- Proof of completion of medical assistant program OR a letter of recommendation from current employer with dates of employment
- This is a self-paced online course.
- The student will be able to take up to five (5) practice exams prior to taking the national certification through the National HealthCareer Association (NHA).
- Ozark Technical Community College (OTC) will be the dedicated testing site for this exam and exam dates will be listed on the NHA website.
- Students will register for the exam via the NHA website. The course cost includes one attempt at the national certification.
- Patient Care
- Patient care and Preparation Related to Phlebotomy and EKG
- Office Administration
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Phlebotomy collections and processing
- EKG monitoring
*Students can register at any time.
Call 417-447-8888 for information on registration.