- Course Title
- Pharmacy Technician Accelerated Program
- Course Code
- LCN 144
- E. Butterfield
- The Pharmacy Technician Accelerated Program is designed to assist current uncertified pharmacy technicians obtain their PTCB certification by reviewing material required for the certification exam. Each course section requires a minimum of 5 students to hold the class and will focus on one specialty during that particular class.
- *Most recent data shows the PTCB/PTCE pass rate was 58%
- Tuition includes a PTCE certification prep manual and the first attempt at the exam
- Missouri’s projection for jobs of pharmacy technician now predict a 26.8% growth in employment opportunities, with over 5,000 anticipated job openings throughout the state. Technicians who become certificed increase their marketability in the workforce.
*http://bit.ly/2pm2uhn (link to the certification outcomes since the introduction of the certification exam)
Requirements for course:
Must be currently employed in a pharmacy – must provide letter from employer on company letter head to verify employment. The letter must state the following bullet points to document experience:
- How many years the student has been a Pharm tech (not necessarily in their pharmacy)
- Date of hire at current job
- A recommendation to take the accelerated program from current supervisor
- Employer statement indicating awareness of possible days/times of class meeting and this could interfere with work schedules and would be willing to make scheduling adjustments to allow the student to be in class during required times
- MUST have a minimum 6 months experience in their current pharmacy specialty (for example; 6 months needs to be retail, LTC, hospital, etc.) –6 months in multiple specialty settings will not qualify the student for exam review. Students must obtain 6 months in one specialty prior to starting this program
- Valid photo ID (We are required to copy.)
- Valid state license: we will need a copy of your state license for your student file
- If any of the required documentation is not submitted, the student will not receive a voucher for the cost of the exam.
To register for the class, the employer must contact our office at 417-447-8888. Once this has been completed, the student will receive a registration link to submit all required paperwork electronically.
If you are a former OTC student, your account must be in good standing to enroll. Any outstanding balance must be cleared before registration may take place.
Please contact 417-447-8888 for any other questions or concerns.
No classes on July 3, 2018