- Course Title
- Pharmacy Technician Accelerated Program
- Course Code
- LCN 144
- E. Butterfield
- The Pharmacy Technician Accelerated Program is designed to assist current uncertified pharmacy technicians to obtain their PTCB certification by reviewing the material required for the certification exam. Each course section requires a minimum of 5 students to hold the class and will focus on one specialty during that particular class.
- *Most recent data shows the PTCB/PTCE pass rate was 58%
- Tuition includes a PTCE certification prep manual and the first attempt at the exam
- Missouri’s projection for jobs of pharmacy technician now predicts a 26.8% growth in employment opportunities, with over 5,000 anticipated job openings throughout the state. Technicians who become certified increase their marketability in the workforce.
*http://bit.ly/2pm2uhn (link to the certification outcomes since the introduction of the certification exam)
Requirements for the course:
Due to mandatory changes implemented by the PTCB/PTCE, students must have a minimum of 500 hours of documented work experience to take the certification exam. It will be up to the employer to provide this documentation to the student before they can take the certification exam. Please see the PTCB website for further information: https://www.ptcb.org/guidebook/ptcb-certified-pharmacy-technician-cpht-program#cpht-eligibility-requirements
Must be currently employed in a pharmacy – must provide a letter from employer on company letterhead to verify employment. The letter must state the following bullet points to document experience:
- A recommendation to take the accelerated program from a current supervisor
- Employer statement indicating awareness of possible days/times of class meeting and this could interfere with work schedules and would be willing to make scheduling adjustments to allow the student to be in class during required times
- Students must have a minimum of 500 documented work hours in order to sit for the certification exam.
- Valid photo ID (We are required to copy.)
- Valid state license: we will need a copy of your state license for your student file
- If any of the required documentation is not submitted, the student will not receive a voucher for the cost of the exam.
To register for the class, the employer must contact our office at 417-447-8888. Once this has been completed, the student will receive a registration link to submit all required paperwork electronically.
If you are a former OTC student, your account must be in good standing to enroll. Any outstanding balance must be cleared before registration may take place.
Please contact 417-447-8888 for any other questions or concerns.