- Course Title
- Restorative l Expanded Functions
- Course Code
- Dr. Janet Sell
The following expanded functions will be reviewed in the online didactic course. At the clinical course, dentist trainers will teach these skills to assistants, who then will be assessed and must show competency in order to receive the certificate of completion. Must bring proof of passing the Missouri Basic Skills Exam, or Dental Assisting National Board (CDA certificate), or dental hygiene license. Students who arrive at class without this original Certificate will not be allowed to attend the class. There are no refunds for this class for any reason.
Hybrid class materials are accessed online and skills assessment takes place on campus.
- Sizing and cementing of prefabricated crowns;
- Placing, condensing, and carving amalgam for Class I, V, and VI restorations;
- Placing composite for Class I, V, and VI restorations; and
- Minor palliative care of dental emergencies (place sedative filling).
This class is partially online and partially in person. Students will study in the weeks leading up to the date listed and then meet in person with the instructors.
You will receive login and password information approximately 6 weeks prior to class date.
For Canvas and Password Support, contact CWD at 417-447-7548 or firstname.lastname@example.org Regsitration questions call 417-447-8888, curriculum questions 417-447-8832.
Classes are on Saturdays from 8:00am to 4:00pm
January 29, 2022
November 5, 2022
- A 100% refund is provided if the OTC Center for Workforce Development cancels a class.
- This course requires a minimum of four (4) weeks of pre-work before seated classes begin; therefore, any student wishing to withdraw from a dental class must contact us (417-447-8888 or email@example.com) at least four weeks prior to the seated class start date. No refund will be provided to any student contacting us less than four weeks prior to the class date.
- Any student requesting to change class session to another date will pay a $100 change fee if a request is less than four weeks prior to the class start date.
- No refunds for the Restorative II course will be allowed once typodonts have been mailed out.