- Course Title
- Restorative II Expanded Functions
- Course Code
- LCN-219 & 214
- Dr. Janet Sell
Prerequisite: Restorative I Expanded Function permit is required.
The Restorative II functions will be reviewed in the online didactic course. This course is very technique sensitive and may be difficult for dental assistants. Substantial practice and preparation by students prior to the clinical course to help ensure positive outcomes at both the clinical session and competency testing. At the clinical course, dentist trainers will teach these skills to assistants, ho then will be assessed and must show competency in order to receive the certificate of completion. Please call 417-447-8888 to send your Restorative I permit and register today!
Please provide your current address as the typodont, practice teeth, will be mailed out approximately 8 weeks prior to the CLINICAL SESSION.
*This class is partially online and partially in person. Students will study in the weeks leading up to the date listed and then meet in person with the instructors.
The Restorative II Curriculum modules include:
- Mandatory Typodont Pre-work (Prerequisite to Clinical Course)
- Review Presentation, comprised of text, photos, illustrations, and instructional videos
- Online practice quizzes
- Skills Standards (grade sheets)
- Clinical Course and Competency Testing
- Prerequisite of Restorative I
New 2021 class Summary of Coursework: Clinical sessions and competency exam is paired and scheduled 4 weeks apart. You must be able to attend both dates listed.
PREWORK: The online portion of the Restorative II course opens 4 weeks prior to the clinical course date. Students are required to review all materials in the modules, complete the prework restorations, and work during the 4-week prework period to prepare themselves for the clinical course. In the mail, you will receive a typodont and set of prepped teeth to practice different restorations (Class II, III, and IV) and a dental mounting pole is LOANED to the student for the entire course. You must bring these items to the clinical session and exam.
CLINICAL SESSION: The clinical portion is a one-day session that includes instruction, demonstrations, and practice. Bring your typodont, all practice teeth, and the dental mounting pole.
PRACTICE: Students will have 4 weeks to go back and continue to refine their skills, building on the additional guidance and teaching they received during the clinical session.
COMPETENCY EXAM: The student will present 4 weeks later, to complete the competency exam. Each student will be given three exam preparations (different preps than they have previously completed) to place and finish restorations completely on their own. The student will be given 3 hours to complete all restorations. You may get a second prep to redo a restoration as long as all restorations are completed within 3 hours. Upon completion of the restorations, the student will turn in their assigned typodont to the instructor. All typodonts will be shipped to a group of calibrated dentists for comprehensive grading of the restorations. Each typodont will be graded by three dentists who will determine the final score and the ultimate grade of pass or fail.
You will receive login and password information approximately 4 weeks prior to the Clinical Session date.
For Canvas and Password Support, contact CWD at 417-447-7548 or firstname.lastname@example.org Regsitration questions call 417-447-8888, curriculum questions 417-447-8832.
Classes are on Saturdays from 8:00am to 4:00pm
February 12, 2022 is Clinical day, March 12, 2022 is Competency Exam
September 10, 2022 is Clinical day, October 8, 2022 is Competency Exam
- A 100% refund is provided if the OTC Center for Workforce Development cancels a class.
- All dental courses require a minimum of four (4) weeks of pre-work before seated classes begin; therefore, any student wishing to withdraw from a dental class must contact us (417-447-8888 or email@example.com) at least four weeks prior to the seated class start date. No refund will be provided to any student contacting us less than four weeks prior to the class date.
- Any student requesting to change class session to another date will pay a $100 change fee if a request is less than four weeks prior to the class start date.
- No refunds for the Restorative II course will be allowed once typodonts have been mailed out.