- Course Title
- Review for Dental Assisting National Board Exam
- Course Code
- L. Dark
One of the most commonly asked questions, “How do I begin to study for taking the CDA exam?”
This hybrid-based study series is a comprehensive review of current material and concepts essential in preparing the candidate for taking the Dental Assisting National Board Exam (DANB). There will be 2 face-to-face meetings combined with guided online study.
The review is based upon an analysis of duties commonly performed in actual dental assisting practice and also serves as a pathway to attaining Missouri Expanded Function permits. All materials are included for the program. The student will study in the weeks between the dates listed below. As a bonus, candidates will have the unique opportunity to take a CDA practice exam in a computer lab simulating the actual exam. Acquiring your CDA credentialing through the DANB exam is composed of three separate exams. Below is detailed information about each of the three exams.
- General Chairside Review and Practice Exams (GCE);
- Collection and recording of data, dental and lab procedures, materials, patient education, and dental office emergency prevention and patient management.
- Radiation Health & Safety Review and Practice Exams (RHS)
- Radiographic exposing, processing, evaluating, mounting, proper labeling and charting, radiation safety for both patient and operator.
- Infection Control Review and Practice Exams (ICE)
- Healthcare provider and patient infection control education, cross-contamination and disease transmission prevention, maintaining dental and environmental asepsis, sterilization protocol and procedures, and occupational safety (OSHA) standards according to CDC guidelines.
*This is a review course only; it does not take the place of an accredited educational program in dental assisting or guarantee passing score on a particular exam.
No refunds for this class. Price subject to change.
You will receive login and password information approximately 3 days prior to class date.
For Canvas and Password Support, contact CWD at 417-447-7548 or firstname.lastname@example.org Registration questions call 417-447-8888, curriculum questions 417-447-8832.
Next class is Saturday, November 7-December 12, 2020 9:00am-3:00pm